Oily skin care tips to get you started. Ever felt that no matter what you did your skin was always oily. I have friends who complain to me about the very same problem. So I did some research and am please to announce that their are some quick things you can do today to have your skin looking healthier and less oily.
Of course, before launching into the quick tips, just a word on why your skin is the way it is. Very basically, your skin naturally manufactures oils, called sebum to protect your skin and stop it from over drying. Naturally this happens as the outside environment can be harsh on your skin, so the oil is a natural way to protect your skin. The problem is where the skin over produces the oil, leaving an obvious shine. This over production also tends to cause acne break outs and blackheads. Oil accumulates on your skin and with dirt and debris can block powers. Unfortunately, the level of oil produced by your skin is determined in large part by your genetic make up and hormones.
Your Oily Skin Care Tips
1. Use a gentler facial cleanser. Overly harsh chemicals can over strip the oil on your face and dry it out. As a bodily reaction, your skin will slightly over produce oil to compensate. This phenomenon is called reactive seborrhea. Be on the look out for skin care products made specifically for oily skin. Of all the oily skin care tips, this is most important.
2. Take shorter warm showers. Overly hot showers are good for cleaning out all that oil on your face. On the flip side, you run the risk that taking a long hot shower will dry out your skin.
3. Use skin products that are alcohol free or low concentration. The alcohol additive is good at drying out that oil on your face, be careful as one again it is easy to over dry the skin. Latter on this is problematic as your skin will start over producing oils to compensate, starting a vicious circle.
4. Avoid the vicious circle. Simple put, washing and cleaning your face too often to remove excess oil will encourage extra production of skin oils. Which causes you to want to wash again, which drys your skin. Can you see where this is going? Stick to a gentle cleanser and wash no more than twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night.
5. Eat skin foods. Your diet plays a big part on the condition of your skin. Watch your weight, avoid refined sugars, eat fresh ingredients. Your diet can influence your hormones which in turn can have an effect on the level of oil production.
6. Take a fish oil supplement. Research indicates that fish oils help improve the look of your skin. Not only is fish oil good for your skin, but it is good for your health in general. The special thing about fish oil is the abundance of omega 3. Omega 3 helps to reduce the likely hood of skin conditions such as eczema and other problems such as dandruff from dry skin.
Oily skin care tips conclusion
There you have it, 6 easy to follow oily skin care tips. Well some of them are a bit harder than the others. However being informed is half the battle. The important thing to remember is to avoid the temptation to use overly harsh products that end up over drying your skin. Where possible start with the most gentle products first. If you find that it is not as effective as you like, then move up to the next strongest. Doing do means you are less likely to suffer from “reactive seborrhea”