The best way to avoid sciatica, a condition in which the sciatic nerve becomes inflamed, is by consistently exercising and stretching your lower back muscles. However, wireless tens units may be the best option for those already suffering from this condition and who can’t establish good posture or commit to a regular exercise routine. This device emits electrical impulses that reduce pain by using your own body’s natural electrical signals to block pain receptors.
Steps to Use a Wireless TENS Unit
- Lie down flat on a bed or other soft surface and place the electrodes of the wireless tens units over the area of your back that is sore.
- Switch on the wireless TENS unit and adjust it to your preferred level of intensity.
- Wear the wireless TENS unit for approximately an hour a day while at home or work or while you sleep at night. If possible, keep it on constantly throughout this period.
- Use the wireless TENS unit for 20 minutes and then take a break of less than an hour. Continue to do this until you can tolerate the pain no longer or until you have achieved a level of pain relief suitable for your needs.
- After using the wireless TENS unit, it is essential to stretch out your lower back muscles before putting on pants or sitting down in a chair. Stretching will reduce any stiffness or soreness that may be caused by using the wireless TENS unit.
Pain is a universal sensation, and many people can relate to it. The two most common pains that people experience are headaches and muscle pain. If you’re like most people, you’ve also had muscle and other types of pain at some point in your life, so be aware of the ways to get rid of this type of pain.